Monday, May 23, 2011

Who I Am

Hello, I'm Micaela. I am a high school art teacher in Norton, MA (third year) and about halfway through my master's program in Art Education here at RIC. I am also a proud mother to a beautiful and spunky 4 year old girl.  When I'm not working, I am running around keeping my child happy, fed and busy...or for that matter she keeps me busy! I like to go running with her in the jogging stroller, exploring, travelling, gardening and working on my own artwork.  I graduated as a painter and have dabbled in a variety of art materials/mediums such as sewing, ceramics, stained glass, and welding. I have found throughout the years that I am beter able to use my energies expressing myself making work that is 3D- with a particular interest in combing nature with metal.   I have taken several welding courses and sculptures class and I am fortunate to have just bought a welder this past winter.  I am very excited to be able to work from home in my new studio, while the lil one is fast asleep....back to being a night owl again!.  I should be VERY busy this summer- since I am also taking an art studio class besides this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment